Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Project

Hello World:

I've decided to start and complete an album during winter term. Thats from Jan. 4 to March 15th. I've decided to blog the entire experience and project. I'll be uploading samples and rough sketches for people to check out. I'd like to work with several people on the project, and if you'd like to be a part of it, let me know. Otherwise, I'll be cranking away every day for the next three months until I've got something worth showing. Here's some ideas I've got so far;

- A cover of Michael Bauer's "Six Months". Ideally, I'd like to get several friends of his to sing on the track
- Some dance tracks, perhaps one feat. Chilly Willy
- The usual strange, electronic prog-rock
- An acoustic cover of "My Girls".
- Definitely a cover of a Lady Gaga song. I have a crush.

At this point, the strategy is to make as much music as possible so at the end, I can pick and choose the best tracks. At the end, I'd like to be able to perform the entire thing. If you'd like to help me put together a little concert and perform, lets get started on that too. This thing could potentially be a lot of fun.

So here we go. Day 1. Please, please check back often and tell me what you think. I'd love your support (or even your scathing criticism). I want to make this interactive.

Love,

Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment